I am. Fall is here. An overcast, cool, damp day. 9ers winning on the TV. A beautiful, beautiful day.
But, my day took an unpleasant turn when I put out a call for favorite football munchies and got answers like “pb sandwich,” “delivery pizza,” and “takeout.” Sigh.
So, I’m starting a new Sunday Tradition here . . . Football Muchie Sundays.
Here is my first recipe. My mom invented this recipe and it’s utterly easy and absolutely delish. Can’t miss! Feel free to play with the ingredients.
Wings a la Lee
- 1 jar Sharwood Mango Chutney
- 1 bottle bbq sauce (I like Guinness by Bulls Eye)
- 1 package frozen (or fresh) drumettes (or wing pieces)
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Spray large jellyroll pan with no-stick spray
- In a big plastic bag (possibly the one the wings came in), pour in the chutney and bbq sauce.
- Seal the bag and mix the wings around to coat thoroughly with the sauce.
- Dump out on the pan and spread out so they are in a single layer.
- Bake in oven around 30 minutes (less if frozen) until heated through and getting a bit brown and crispy.
- Let cool and enjoy! Great with a light , flavorful lager.
May the best team win! At least you’ll enjoy the game more with great munchies like this!