When one is a very small dog with a very big job (killing all rodents who dare to enter my domain), oen is very glad when summer arrives. For one thing, there are way more squirrels around in the summertime which means more squirrel chasing time. For another thing, the days are longer — very few squirrels come around in the night. Oh, and at night, there are more rats around and rats are a nice substitute for squirrels. The most important reason that one very small dog might prefer summer over other seasons is that Mom and the kids are around all the time. In the Fall, Winter, and Spring, I only have Dad during the day and that’s fine and all but he never takes me anywhere. Mom, on the other hand, likes to have my company and regularly takes me with her on errands. The kids are around all day and they like to throw things for me which is a good thing. Being a very small dog in the summer is a very good thing.
Archive | 12:34 am
mother. wife. friend. teacher. writer. reader. photographer. birder. quilter. blogger.
- RT @neiltyson: If you've never made a mistake in your life, then you have not achieved as much as you could have -- had you taken more risks 1 month ago
- RT @karlibra: Do me a favor...if you're part of LGBTQ+ family and even a straight ally of us, please RT, so we can show everyone who we are… 2 months ago
- @plaatsch thank you for your service! I had my volunteers stringing beads yesterday! 😀 2 months ago
- 2nd Grade is seriously fun to teach! #applefortheteacher #forreals 4 months ago
- Read this . . . Being Grateful ift.tt/1WXRwVW #selfpromo #blogupdate 9 months ago