Clare at The House and other Arctic musings posted a meme about favorite holiday songs. A friend of his posted his favs and Clare continued it and sent it viral! 🙂 I am doing my part:
- O Holy Night – Jewel
This song is ethereal and lovely. Rapidly becoming a family favorite.
- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen by Barenaked Ladies with Sarah McLachlan My favorite carol for many years now and BNL’s version with SM accompanying him. It’s great.
- Santa Baby by Madonna
She does a great job with this fun, irreverent song
- O Come, O Come Emmanuel by Joan Baez
Joan Baez’s Noel album was my mother’s favorite and to me, it’s not Christmas until I have heard this album.
- What Child is This? Sarah McLachlan
Another longtime favorite. Greensleeves or What Child is This? And there pretty much isn’t anything that Sarah McLachlan doesn’t sing well.
- Winter Wonderland/Misty Mountain Hop by Fleming and John
This is a hilarious and fun song. Led Zeppelin’s Misty Mountain Hop’s music with Winter Wonderland’s words. And, you now what — It totally works!
- Panis Angelicus by Celtic Woman
Gorgeous song and gorgeous voices
- Pretty Paper by Willie Nelson
I know lots of people hate the good Mr. Nelson. I, however, adore his music and love this song.
- I like a Sleighride by Peggy LeeI don’t know why I like this one so much but I really, really do. Silly, dated, fun
- Carol of the Bells by California Guitar Trio
CGT is a group of amazing players. Their Christmas music is wonderful.
So, tag you’re it! Leave a comment if you decide to play along! Because reading Clare’s list and his friend, Townie Bastard’s list, I ended up adding to my iTunes Christmas list. Woot! Ruby, on the other hand, thinks about as much about holiday music as she does about Christmas sweaters. 🙂