When I travel across the state and into another one, I sort of expect things to be different. Traveling from 500 feet above sea level through 7300 feet above sea level to 4600 feet above sea level, I sort of expect things to be different. And, many things are different. I left the land of Redwood trees and coastal fog and ended up in high desert and nightly thunderstorms. But many things are the same. One of those sameness are Western Scrub Jays making noise in the tree tops. And robins. And California Quail. And House Finches. And . . . well, you get the idea.
Archive | 5:11 am
mother. wife. friend. teacher. writer. reader. photographer. birder. quilter. blogger.
- RT @AlaskaGrl: Wouldn't it be wonderful to have an Alaskan biathlete for Miss America? Go Zoey! #MissAmericaVote #MissAlaska #CrownTheSkiCo… 16 hours ago
- RT @MissAmericaAK: I've been in a lot of opening ceremonies, but none so fun as Tuesday's 💛✨ #MissAmerica #CrownTheSkiCoach http://t.co/5U… 16 hours ago
- RT @HuffPostEdu: “We need more people standing up for teachers and the role they play for all students.” - @glynned #ateacherlikeyou http:/… 2 days ago
- RT @ChuckSambuchino: "Prove them wrong." #JustWRITE http://t.co/ATjxhViA5p 2 days ago
- RT @edutopia: "Without empathy, you're teaching content instead of students." edut.to/1PBhVoC #edreform http://t.co/VA9ofIZEvJ 6 days ago