When I travel across the state and into another one, I sort of expect things to be different. Traveling from 500 feet above sea level through 7300 feet above sea level to 4600 feet above sea level, I sort of expect things to be different. And, many things are different. I left the land of Redwood trees and coastal fog and ended up in high desert and nightly thunderstorms. But many things are the same. One of those sameness are Western Scrub Jays making noise in the tree tops. And robins. And California Quail. And House Finches. And . . . well, you get the idea.
Archive | 5:11 am
mother. wife. friend. teacher. writer. reader. photographer. birder. quilter. blogger.
- RT @SmartBitches: Dragonriders of Pern by Anne McCaffrey $9.99 amzn.to/1R2CI5P | AR bit.ly/1WkOUBY Three books in much-loved… 2 weeks ago
- RT @slvnews: ICYMI: Hwy 9 btwn Felton and Santa Cruz, closed for months, scheduled to reopen tonight fb.me/7K5dLy5QY 2 weeks ago
- YES! twitter.com/katsok/status/… 3 weeks ago
- RT @NWSBayArea: Coolest weather for the week on tap for Tuesday. Highs just in the 60s to mid 70s! #cawx http://t.co/xqbWSTSJlO 1 month ago
- RT @R5_Fire_News: California wildfire activity for Sept 13 @CAL_FIRE @forestservice @Interior @Cal_OES #cawildfires http://t.co/jrknDMbd8U 1 month ago